It is that time of the year again when you can get the beach tan, play on white sand, ride on ocean waves and have unlimited fun. Summer vacations are meant to be enjoyed, make memories and spend quality time with friends and family. While you are planning to get set for the same, we have picked up the top destinations where you can have a blast and get the perfect vacation photographs. Take a look and tell us where are you planning to go?
1. Hawaii: There cannot be a better place than Hawaii for spending a marvellous summer vacation. Rugged landscapes, mesmerising islands and alluring beaches of this wonderland will make you fall in love with everything and entice you to click amazing pictures with the jaw dropping beaches at the background.
2. Bora Bora: With a plethora of luxury resorts, turquoise blue ocean, sandy beaches and coral reefs, Bora Bora is another destination you should head to this summer. Enjoy scuba diving, rejuvenate yourself with a spa and get the perfect beach picture by visiting it soon.
3. Amsterdam: With a rich treasure of cultural and historical heritage, Amsterdam also makes a great place for your next summer vacation. Paddle through the canals, click pictures and enjoy the scenic beauty of clean, green Amsterdam. The vibrant night-life of this beautiful place will double up the fun of your vacation.
4. The Bahamas: Imagine yourself chilling at a place surrounded by turquoise blue waters and breathtaking sights. This can only happen if you choose to visit Bahamas for your summer vacation. With around 700 islands, this destination will not only give you beautiful pictures, but also give you the opportunity to enjoy snorkelling and scuba diving.
5. Virginia Beach: From cruise rides to board-walks, from fishing to water sports; there a number of things to see and enjoy at Virginia Beach. Whether you are with family or friends, there will not be a single moment in your trip that will make you feel bored. So, take your camera and capture some amazing shots of beach parties or aquatic creatures in Virginia.
Add a pinch of magic to your vacation by trying some offbeat activities and doing something unusual. So, what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and get ready to experience a ‘like never before’ summer vacation and create some magical memories that will last forever.
Mothers are considered to be the first teachers and the lessons given by them help us in almost every situation throughout our lifetime. Her teachings give us the strength and power to face different challenges of life easily. Many of her qualities are an inspiration and can be utilized in several ways. Taking a step forward, we have picked up a few qualities of mothers that can be utilized as travel lessons. Take a look and see how many have you learnt yet.
1. Money Saving Skills: A mother is known to be the home minister and knows how to smartly invest and save money. This lesson can be easily followed while planning a trip by recalling all the saving techniques she taught us during our childhood.
2. Planning in Advance: Moms like to do advance planning and save themselves from last minute hassles. This definitely is a tip that can be followed as planning plays an important role in taking a cost-efficient trip to our favourite place.
3. Multitasking: From doing the household chores to making food, buying groceries to managing to make all family members happy; mothers are perfect in multitasking and hardly fail in anything. Taking this quality from her, we can definitely have a great vacation and do several things at the same time.
4. Organising: Whether it is about our birthday parties or preparing us for exams, our moms have amazing organising skills that one cannot have even with a degree. These skills can be learnt from them and implemented for our next group travel.
5. Patience: The way she handles all our random moods and still loves us unconditionally requires a lot of patience. Matching up to her level is difficult, but doing that is itself an achievement that takes us one step closer to our destination.
6. Accepting Challenges: Accepting every challenge with a smile is the quality of a mother. Adapting the same quality and accepting the challenges will help us in making the most of our travel expedition.
7. Determination: A mom’s determination can change the look of the universe and even can make the world come to a stand still. Whatever she does, she is well determined about it. Picking up this quality of hers is definitely going to make our excursion amazing.
There are many more qualities that can be learnt and adhered from mothers, because there is no better teacher than a mother.
Tell us which travel lesson have you learnt from your mother in the comment sections below.
“The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness“- Honore de Balzac.
Second Sunday of May is indeed a special one. It is dedicated to those beautiful women across the globe who made us see the world. Yes, you got me right! 8th May marks the celebration of International Mother’s Day. So, let us keep our busy schedule aside for a while and plan a surprise for the beautiful moms who sacrificed their happiness, dedicated their precious time and gave our dreams a shape. From new moms to stay-at-home-moms, from single moms to full-time working moms, there is something for everyone. If you are tired of cliché gifts like coffee mugs or customized pillows, then we have some interesting things for you. This year, take her for a vacation and reward her with some unusual yet fantabulous gifts. You might or might not have a globetrotting mother, but our share of gifting ideas will definitely thrill her and take her miles away from the mundane life. Take a look below:
Wine Tasting Trip to Nashik
Let your beloved mom feast her eyes with undulating vineyards nestled on foothills and watch grapes being plucked, crushed, blended, bottled and shaped into finished products in a tasting room- gift her a perfect wine tour. This is not all! Wine tasting in Nashik is accompanied by cycling past the hills, enjoying sunset over Nashik’s serene setting and wine touring in Sula Vineyards. Never mind if your mom tasted wine in the past. On this Mother’s Day, present her a glass full of world’s best ever freshly produced wine. Great expectations indeed!
Ayurvedic Spa Therapy in Kerala
She must have let her feet go swollen, back go aching and nails go brittle all these years. Why not let her pamper herself with best Ayurvedic spa therapies offered in India’s wonderland called Kerala? Ayurvedic Kerala massages will give her body the much desired rejuvenation. Yoga and meditation session too will reward with a holistic experience. Book a stay in Kumarakom Lake Resort or Taj Malabar, so that your mom experiences a luxurious spa therapy in Kerala. She will remember this pleasant Mother’s Day gift forever.
Delightful Swim in the Infinity Pool of Wildflower Hall
Perched atop the Himalayas, Wildflower Hall, Shimla, is no less than a fairytale luxury resort encapsulated by thick green forests. Its infinity pool located at an altitude of nearly 8,250 feet promises a surreal swimming experience. Keeping Shimla’s cool climate in mind, the outdoor pool is connected to a heated indoor pool. Here, swimming is rewarded with the pictorial view of snowy Himalayas and unending stretch of pine and cedar trees. Mothers love to get pampered, isn’t it?
Jaipur’s Best Looking Pair of Kundan Jewellery
Jewellery is what she has treasured for years and filled her cupboard with. She might still fancy a traditional Rajasthani jewellery, especially a handmade Kundan set from Bapu Bazaar. It won’t cost much to take her to Jaipur, walk past the old narrow alleys of Bapu Bazaar and gift her an exclusive pair of stone-studded Rajasthani Kundan from one of the old shops of the market. And you will see the million dollar smile on her face!
A Luxury Lunch at Taj Mahal Hotel
Taj Mahal Hotel in Appollo Porbandar, Mumbai, has several in-house restaurants that serve a range of fine delectable global cuisines. Reserve a table in either Shamiana, Masala Craft or Golden Dragon and treat your mom with authentic North Indian or Chinese cuisine on Mother’s Day eve. At the end, treat her sweet tooth with freshly baked cakes at La Patisserie. Your mom is definitely a great cook, but a fantastic meal by the side of Arabian Ocean will surpass all other gifts you have thought to surprise her with.
A Ticket to Casino in Goa
Who said mothers are not happening? They only scold for the innumerable parties you attend every month? LOL. There are many globetrotting moms who cannot just reject a ticket to casino in Goa. If Vegas is not in budget, Goa can do wonders. Roll the dice, spin the wheels, tap feet to thunderous music, let her win luck and take her to a crazy happening world. Chances Casino, Deltin Royale Casino, Casino Pearl are few to be named. Which one are you taking your mom to?
A Stay Amidst Wild in Orange County Resort
Orange County Resort, Kabini, set amidst 300 acres of spice and coffee plantations is admired for its exquisite hand-cut, rust-red Kodava architectural style accommodation units. As Kabini is sandwiched between two dense forest reserves, Nagarhole and Bandipur, a day or two in Orange County sums up to a luxurious stay amidst serenity of wilderness. Trip to Bylekuppe Tibetan Settlement, bird watching and jungle safari in Bandipur and Nagarhole sum up for an unforgettable Mother’s Day.
Mothers deserve a holiday, they deserve to be taken away from four-walled homes and daily chores to far off lands where spa sojourns, international cuisines, jungle safari, shopping extravaganza and vineyard tour happen to lend a mind-blowing trip she might have not imagined before. Loosen your purse strings this Mother’s Day to make it a memorable one for your creator.
To all mothers around the world, wish you Happy Mother’s Day!
According to a report by the researchers of the University of Virginia, an individual’s choice of vacation depends on his mindset, perception and attitude towards life. So, if you are wondering why you end up taking holidays to specific places every single time (in my case I always, ALWAYS, choose a place that has beaches), here’s the answer. Read and know what is your personality type.
1. Mountain Lovers = Introvert: Do you always dream of relaxing and unwinding in the mountains? Well, the study says that people who fall in love with the serenity of the mountains, are introverts. Though the trekkers and mountaineers are considered to be creative folks, they are more often than not shy by nature. Goibibo recommends you to explore the beauty of Manali, Kasol, Ladakh and McLeodganj this summer vacation.
2. Architecture Lovers = Arty and Intellectual: Does your itinerary has more of museums, historical sites, palaces and memorial places than anything else? Then, according to the research, you definitely have an intellectual personality. So why not explore Golkonda Fort, Mysore Palace and Salar Jung Museum this summer vacation!
3. Beach Lovers = Influential People: If you hit a beach on almost every vacation of yours, then the research define you an influential person. The study reveals that people who love walking and taking strolls on the pristine and sandy beaches usually have an influential personality. Why don’t you go and take a beach vacation to Andaman Nicobar, Maldives or Gokarna to beat the heat this summer?
4. Cruise Lovers = Extrovert: The luxury cruise rides are not everybody’s cup of tea. But those who take up cruise vacations are definitely extroverts. Meeting new people, having fun and making the most of the holiday are the signs of people who fall in this category. Mexico, Fort Lauderdale, Amsterdam and New York, where are you cruising this summer?
5. Hippie Travel Lovers = Trendsetter: Travellers who always look out for a popular movie location, love exploring the local places and do quirky things are nicknamed Hipsters. The Argentinian researchers say that these travellers are trendsetters and visit the hidden and unexplored destinations of the world. Goibibo recommends you to explore Amazon Rainforest, Gangkhar Puensum and Pelling.
Now, the next time you are planning your vacation, make a note and give yourself a new traveller identity, may be!
Travelling is one of the most amazing and wonderful experiences that changes a person’s life. It is an exercise that makes you an artist, a creative thinker and above all a better human being. A person who travels a lot is totally different from others, and that can only be realized when you spend time with a travel buff. Dating a travel buff is no less than an awesome experience and the perks you’ll enjoy in return are priceless.
If you have not yet felt this life changing miracle, let us tell you the ways. And if you are doing it already; then you’ll be able to relate well. Don’t forget to give us a high five later. Here are the top perks you can enjoy if you date a die-hard traveller.
1. They Will Become your Travel Google: Know about the top places for sightseeing, vacations and destinations for your next trip as they have all the information that you need.
2. They Make the Best Travel buddies: A trip with a travel buff gives you a wonderful experience of exploring and enjoying the destination to the most. They are perfect travel partners and you’ll enjoy a lot in their company.
3. They’ll Get You Gifts from Different Places: Imagine your home filled with unique lamps, art works and paintings from different corners of the world. This will happen when your traveller guy/girl goes to a new place and brings something as a token of remembrance.
4. They are Always Ready to Travel: Even if your friends ditch at the last moment of your trip, your man/woman will always be there for you. You can always keep them for a back-up for your quick getaway and they’ll join wholeheartedly. Whether it’s a last minute plan or a pre-planned holiday, they will always be in.
5. They Love Trying New Things: Whether it’s about trying a new cuisine or going to a new destination, they will support you happily. You won’t have to think much before asking them to do something different. So, how about tasting Sushi in Japan or Feni in Goa with the man/woman of your life?
6. They are Amazing Entertainers: There won’t be a single dull moment in your relationship as they will always have something to tell you. Conversations with them will help you to learn new things and know more about them. You will have your own personal entertainer, yes free of cost! LOL.
7. They’ll Never Judge You: The best thing about dating a travel buff is that they don’t judge. They’ll accept you for what you are. You will get the freedom of doing anything and you can always open up your heart to them.
So, if you are enjoying the perks, you are the luckiest and if not, then you need to find one traveller guy/girl soon.
Travelling is an activity that impresses people of almost all age groups and lets them enjoy quality time with family and friends. While most people take help and inspiration from social media; there are many who plan randomly. There are many choices and sources that inspire us to travel and explore. However, a recent research done by a U.S based organization shows that travelling, according to your age, can help you in making the most of your vacation.
Based on a research, we have drafted a travel itinerary, created the parameters for you to roam around, have endless fun and make some magical memories. Take a look.
Age Group: 18-30
The study says that travellers aged between 18 to 25 should take a trip to mountains. Trekking, mountain climbing and adventure activities can be included in your travel itinerary without a second thought. Triund, Mcleodganj, Chamoli, Kasauni, etc. are some of the top choices for trekking in India.
Age Group: 31-44
According to the research, people planning vacations during their age of 30-40 should head to the beaches. Whether you wish to take a sunbath or give yourself a rejuvenating break; the beaches of Goa, Kerala and Puri are the ideal choices.
Age Group: 45 +
People above the age of 45 are advised to take a break at peaceful and serene places. Spas, meditation centres and hotels with sauna and swimming pools, especially ones with infinity pools like Wildflower Shimla or Vivanta by Taj-Malabar, are perfect for all belonging to this age group. Book a suite soon and enjoy a relaxing break.
Age Group: 50 +
The ‘above 50’ years of people are usually free from all sorts of responsibilities and it’s the best time when they can take a joy ride across the world and have unlimited fun. London, Turkey and Paris can be added to the list. So, pack your bags and get going.
Age: No Bar
Well, this category is for those travellers who think age is just a number. If your body is 55 and your heart is still at 25, then you definitely go for an adventurous safari at the Ranthambore National Park, a refreshing road trip to Manali or a thrilling river rafting excursion in Rishikesh.
Vacation preferences may vary from individual to individual, but taking them according to age gives a unique experience. So, next time you are drafting a travel itinerary or planning a trip, visit the one that is perfect for your age. And if you aren’t much affected by the numbers of your age; go take that long pending break. After all, it’s your life, make it large!
Attention workaholics! It is time you all say ‘hello’ to sabbatical (a specified time away from work, usually unpaid).
Do you ever count the hours you put to business weekly? Do you ever count the times you attend a business meeting? I guess you don’t. Aww! It is next to impossible. Anyway, are you one of those who wishes to break all barriers, skip daily job routine and head for a holiday? If so, then stop thinking and apply for a sabbatical. All you need to do is, convince your boss and get him some goodies while you return. And you are set for an ‘out of the world’ break, a break that will make you travel around the world, explore the colourful landscape, appreciate the artificial marvels, taste local cuisines and bring you back with a bag of new experiences. Be it months or year, a sabbatical can do wonders. Here is why:
Break the 9-5 Job Routine
You spend the entire week coding or publishing news? When you are bogged down, your mind just needs to wander. Stop dragging and take a break. Only a sabbatical can help you come out from the clumsy work-stuffed world and give a chance to breathe the fresh air, walk through wet grass or wake up to the sunrise over mountains. A new life awaits for you dearie!
A sabbatical is the best medicine for a stressed out mind. Not only does your body and mind get the rest it needs, but also you become more enthusiastic, refreshed and rejuvenated. The joy of travelling and the ‘partial break-up’ with official mails help meditate, relax and get boost up with positive energies of the world.
Find Your Passion
The busy office schedule might not permit to find your passion, but travel does. Give it a try, sit under the open sky, look around the landscape and think what you love, what you are born for. Who knows that you might return back only to discover that your only passion is travel?
Fall in Love with Yourself
It is you who should love yourself the most and rest of the world will follow. Time off, break from work, a long holiday, adventure games, new people and different culture.. everything make you happy. And at the end you will love yourself all the more, because it is only about ‘me time’. Not bad right?
You Get More Creative
A fresh mind brings new ideas and improves creativity. But this is possible only when you take a break from job and head for a long pending vacation. New place, new people and new culture are instigators to your creative trait.
Make New Friends
Life is short and better not stay alone. You might have a bunch of friends in office and neighbourhood, but what about making some new? Travel helps you come across lots of interesting people from varied cultures and communities. Some can even get their ‘friends forever’ and an all new Friendship Day might be just the next party you prepare for.
Explore the World
Holidaying for a long period across different cities and countries is the best way to know the world. From architectural edifices to natural wonders, from religious diversity to cultural milieu, the world has so much to explore. From man to wildlife, you get to interact with all. So why sit back and slog over the computer? Apply for a sabbatical and you will have bagful of stories to cherish forever.
A Guaranteed Job when You Come Back
If you have taken a sabbatical from the ongoing job, then why worry? Your boss would love to get you back with a refreshed mind and body and definitely, bundle of new experiences to share with him.
Age is on Your Side
Work made you wiser than teenage self and by now you must have learned a bit of the big world. Luggage packing, sitting by the train window, learning local language and photographing the landscape, all will take you through the best phases of life. You are young so it is good to add some adventure too. I am sure you will appreciate these rather than repenting later on.
No Regrets at the End
Your feet is what takes you to the corners of the globe. Everything has its time and when you grow old, I promise you will never regret for the sabbatical you took for a leisurely vacation amid the wild, far off in the mountains, by the serene seaside or in a historic city.
Gift yourself a mini-retirement. A doctor might not prescribe a holiday, but the cure it gives, is way beyond scientific drugs. Set off! Get out! Wander! Enjoy! This is the time!