The World Cultural Festival is due to kick off in Delhi on March 11, 2016. The three day festival is being hosted by Art of Living, an India based non-profit organization that was started by world famous philanthropist, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. Being hosted across 1000 acres of land, the event is expected to be one of the biggest cultural gatherings that aims to bring together nearly 3.5 million people from different parts of the world.
A number of world leaders like President Bidhya Devi Bhandari of Nepal, President Maithripala Sirisena of Sri Lanka, Vice President of the European Parliament, Ryszard Czarnecki, and many others are expected to attend the event. According to Bhanumati Narsimhan, director of the Art of Living, “the festival aims to celebrate Art of Living’s 35 years of service, humanity, spirituality and human values.”
Here are what all you need to know about the extravagant three-day World Cultural Festival 2016:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is due to inaugurate the event on March 11, 2016,
- a number of spiritual leaders from various faiths are expected to come together at the event,
- more than 10,000 artists will play 40 traditional instruments on all three days,
- an inter-faith meeting will be held where spiritual and religious leaders are expected to participate in talks on issues of global concern,
- on the second and third day, a Global Leadership Forum is scheduled to happen, and,
- each day is expected to end with a meditation session.
The festival is open to all and is expected to turn out to be world’s largest platform where millions of people from around 155 nations will drop in to imbibe the most precious learning of life.