Well, Dubai needs no introduction. There’s not a single soul perhaps who hasn’t dreamt of visiting the city of gold, camels and sand, at least once. What awe-inspires millions is that the world’s tallest building, fastest roller coaster, an enormous indoor ski paradise, an island shaped like a palm tree, largest mall and the world’s most luxurious hotel sizzles here. The city also celebrates two triumphant annual festivals amid worldwide enthusiasm. If the Dubai Shopping hangover has finally subsided down and you’re wondering what next, then gear-up foodies, connoisseurs, gourmets and gastronomes, for the Dubai Food Festival is gonna get your gastric juices roaring.
The only citywide food festival in the Middle East, the Dubai Food Festival is all pepped up to entice the world with Dubai’s culinary creativity, diversity, unique food scene and guarantees a world class dining experience. Here’s all you need to know about this lip-smacking event.
When: 25th February to 12th March 2016
Organizers: Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), an agency of Dubai’s Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM).
Dubai Food Festival Events:
1. Dubai Restaurant Week (25th Feb – 5th Mar): If you have longed to taste some of the best dishes from some of the most renowned fine dining restaurants in the city, here’s your chance. A list of 30 restaurants would be offering their exclusive platter at only AED189 (United Arab Emirates Dirham).
2. Beach Canteen (25th Feb – 12th Mar): What you should be really looking for here are appearances from star chefs along with daily entertainment programmes for children, beach sports and unmissable sound tracks from local bands and DJs, all on the beautiful Kite Beach.
3. Hidden Gems (25th Feb – 12th Mar): Imagine how thrilling would it be to explore new flavours and develop new tastes while walking through the lesser known alleys of Dubai where hundreds of hidden gems would be shimmering to give you one of the most memorable culinary experiences ever. This event would try to narrow down on 20 of the best cooks and the winners along with their guests would win a three night-stay in the Emirates along with a luxury restaurant experience and a Hidden Gems tour with Gulf Photo Plus.
4. Fatafeat Kitchen Event 2016 (26th Feb – 27th Feb): These two days will give viewers a unique chance to meet their favourite faces from Fatafeat, the first and only Arab food channel in the Middle East. Ten famous Fatafeat Channel chefs and two international chefs will grace the event, which is scheduled to be held on Level 2 of Galeries Lafayette in The Dubai Mall.
5. Eat the World DXB (25th Feb – 27th Feb): Another amazing event of the Dubai Food Festival is Eat the World DXB where 15 international street food traders would offer their high quality, authentic food and visitors would also get a chance to purchase artisan food and drinks from the curated market. Other features include traditional tea serving, children’s activities, cake decorating competition alongside a relaxation zone with a Bedouin tent. The event is due to be held at Burj Park, Downtown Dubai. While day sessions are scheduled between 12pm- 5pm at AED30 during entry and AED25 in advance, evening sessions are slotted between 6pm- 11pm at AED40 during entry and AED35 in advance.
6. Century Village Street Carnival (4th Mar): To enjoy one grand gastronomical fiesta with live music, dancers and street performers, one must be a part of the Century Village Street Carnival where nine world cuisines- Arabic, Indian, Lebanese, Sushi, Steak, Greek, Italian, Portuguese, Grill and Barbecue, would be the star flavours of the event.
Fascinating, isn’t it? So what are you waiting for? Get packing for a delicious trip.