The ‘Surajkund Mela 2016′, a celebration of Indian folk traditions and cultural heritage, was inaugurated by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar and brand ambassador of Haryana Tourism, bollywood actor Dharmendra on 1st February 2016. Organised by the Surajkund International Crafts Mela Authority & Haryana Tourism in collaboration with Union Ministries of Tourism, Textiles, Culture and External Affairs, the 30th edition of Surajkund Mela will play host to at least 20 countries and all the states of India. It is the largest crafts fair in the world and showcases the richness and diversity of handicrafts, hand-looms and cultural fabric of India and the world as well.
Quick Facts on Surajkund Mela:
Venue: Surajkund, Faridabad
When: 1st to 15th Feb. 2016
Theme State: Telangana
Timings: 10:30 am to 8:30 pm
Focus Nations: China and Japan
Number of Countries Participating: 20
What to Look out For:
- Day long cultural performances by renowned national and international cultural artists at the open air ‘Chaupal’ within the Mela ground.
- A special ambience created in the Mela area which is divided into five zones themed around the five seasons of India i.e. Spring, Summer, Monsoon, Autumn and Winter.
- A multi-cuisine Food Court that will serve lip-smacking cuisines from different parts of the country and world.
- Competitions for school and college students.
- Souvenirs like mugs, key rings, neckties, umbrellas, fridge magnets etc. will be available for sale at affordable prices.
- Separate section dedicated to amusement and adventure activities for all age groups.
Important Information for Visitors:
- Entry tickets can be bought online from bookmyshow.com and are available at 20 metro stations including, Dilshad Garden, Rithala, Jahangir Puri, Kashmere Gate, Rajiv Chowk, Central Secretariat, Saket, HUDA City Centre, Noida City Centre, Karol Bagh, Dwarka Sector 21, ITO, Mandi House, Lajpat Nagar and Badarpur, among others.
- Tickets: Rs.80 for regular citizens and Rs.40 for senior citizens and disabled persons (weekdays), Rs.120 for regular citizens and Rs.60 for senior citizens and disabled persons (weekends)
- RO system kiosks have been installed to provide safe drinking water to visitors.
- e-ticket is also available on the government website of Haryana Tourism.
So, what are you waiting for? Book your tickets now!