India’s grandest beach party is just a month away! Sunburn, Goa, Asia’s biggest dance and music festival that keeps Goan beaches rocking all night is going to celebrate its 9th glorious year this December at the Vagator ground. The musical extravaganza starting from December 27th is going to give you a new eclectic experience with Electric Dance Music (EDM), cruises, camping and ‘after party’ effects. While tourists, especially the younger lot from India and abroad have already booked their flights to Goa and others are about to do so, we have got the list of some do’s and don’ts that would simply double your fun.
- Stay in beach camps. Hotels will not give you that ‘Sunburnt’ feel.
- Carry light, comfortable clothes because December is not that chilly in Goa. Dancing for hours at a stretch would make you feel like a drenched towel. Pack your favourite hot pants or backless tops without giving a second thought.
- What shoes you wear is equally important! Say no to your stilettos or any kind of heels for that matter.. Carry flat slippers or flip flops. At least you should feel your feet after hours of leg shaking.
- Carry loads of sunscreen lotion with high SPF because you will get tan while soaking under the sun.
- Try carrying smaller cameras (I mean small digital cameras will do) instead of those heavy DSLRs. I am sure you wouldn’t want to miss out on those lovely clicks of Asia’s biggest music concert and brag of things your friends missed out on.
- If you are a social media addict who will ensure posting everything cool on your Faebook, Twitter and Whatsapp, do not forget to carry power banks and chargers to charge your mobile phones.
- Look stylish with sling bags strung around shoulders. Keep your backpacks in the hotel and carry all essential belongings in a stylish spacious sling bag while hitting the floor. You wouldn’t get your Michael Jackson moves with heart touching pops right with anything heavier.
- Since you are going to a pretty expensive fest, trust me, stalls would be ever ready to shrink your wallets. So bargain right and land good deals.
- If you love your glasses then you would surely love those Happy Hours during Sunburn when you get a free drink on every drink purchased. Keep a check!
- You would surely thank me for suggesting this. Carry your favourite deodorant and wet wipes all times. Wet wipes will keep you going while the deod0rant will keep others going. 😀
- Try carrying cash as ATMs are pretty far from the venue and you wouldn’t want to waste even a bit of your energy looking for them. However, be careful of pickpockets.
- Once it is dark, your torch-lights would be your knights in shining armour. So, don’t leave them behind.
- If you get tired of all the dancing, just sit, relax and watch others (it’s really amusing at times) or you could even try other fun activities, which are a part of Sunburn every year.
- Once the main event gets over, you could stay-back for the after-dark parties to enjoy Goa’s madness. However, do not return without exploring the city’s Portuguese architecture and vibrant heritage.
- Avoid drinking more than you can handle. Measure your glasses so your friends don’t have to bear your burden (quite literally) once you are sloshed. Remember, you are there primarily for great music, dance, and definitely Goan food. So why spoil the fun?
- Avoid tripling on bikes because chances are high that you would end-up walking a marathon.
- Avoid wearing real jewellery. Avoid unwanted attention. Come on, you are here for some rock music, dance and not a wedding.
- You must carry some identification proof. Specially those who look younger than they actually are! People under 18 are strictly not allowed.
- Last but not the least. Have fun!
Since the flight rates and hotel tariffs are going up by the hour, do not wait any further and make your bookings here!
Have any tips you’d like to share with fellow readers?
(With inputs from Debatree Saha)